My name is Maciej and I started my bridge adventure in March 2017 when I signed up for bridge lessons at Hutt Bridge Club (during which I have also acquired MrQ nickname due to my many questions I asked the teacher). After the lessons I was buddied up with a senior member of the club – Phil Revell who later introduced me to Grand Master Vil Gravis. Starting 2018 Vil agreed to mentor me in order to take my bridge to the next level.
Since my bridge journey began I have had many successes in club sessions and not only at the club level:
- Kairangi Junior Pairs Tournament – 1st overall playing with Julie Newsome (Aug 2017)
- Paraparaumu Multigrade Pairs Tournament – top Jr-Jr pair playing with Dougal Watson (Oct 2017)
- NZ Wide Pairs 2017 – 2nd among Jr-Int pairs across New Zealand playing with Ren Davis (Nov 2017)
- Upper Hutt Multigrade Pairs Tournament – 2nd overall playing with Phil Revell (Nov 2017)
- Hutt Multigrade Pairs Tournament – 3rd overall playing with Phil Revell (Mar 2017)
- Kapi Mana Int/Jr Multigrade Pairs Tournament – 2nd overall and top Jr-Jr pair playing with Julie Newsome (Mar 2017)
Professionally I am an IT “Problem Solver” – you can find more about me on my LinkedIn profile: mszonline.com
The idea for this website was born out of the need to maintain all the feedback from my mentor in easy and accessible manner (we usually exchange emails). At first I thought about private/closed repository just for myself but quickly realised that this actually can be very helpful for other bridge players – blog seemed to be the most obvious choice. In addition to my bridge notes (which, I hope, will get more and more advanced in time), you will be also able to learn about Vil’s books and Thirteen Tricks series as well as read posts from Vil’s blog which will be re-posted here. I hope you will enjoy all of it! Any feedback is more than welcome.